ISIC - virtual and plastic student ID & discount cards
If you're a full-time student, these cards are serious money savers both at home and abroad! Entertainment, food, clothes, travel, the list of discounts is growing everyday.
The International Student Identity Card (ISIC) is your passport to fantastic discounts and services at home and abroad. The ISIC card is the only internationally-recognised* student ID card. For over 50 years, ISIC card holders have been members of a truly global club. Every year, more than 5 million students from 125 countries use their student card to take advantage of offers on:
What will I get from the ISIC card?
- Over 150,000 benefits worldwide on accommodation, all the way through to transport, with discounts on entertainment, food and travel too.
- Access to fantastic discounts at home and abroad.
- Proof of full-time student status wherever you are in the world.
- Discounts on transport services including National Express, 16-25 Railcard, Heathrow Express and more.
- Online retail discounts with Missguided, Forever 21 and more.
Am I eligible?
If you are a full-time student at school, college or university studying for a minimum of 15 hours per week for 3 months, aged 12 or over, you can apply for a student card with ISIC. It’s a hassle-free process, and in no time at all you’ll be enjoying thousands of discounts and benefits at home and away.
If you are not a full time student, you may be eligible for our youth card (if you are 30 years old or younger) or our teacher card (if you are a full time teacher).
What do I need to get an ISIC card?
You’ll need the following ready to upload to your online application, or bring to your closest STA Travel branch.
- A document that proves that you are currently studying full time at a recognised school, college or university. Examples below:
- A copy of your university or student card, which is dated indicates you are currently a full-time student
- A signed and dated letter on official university or school stationery, which states you are a currently a full-time student.
- Proof of identity (Govt issued ID or Passport)
- Passport style head and shoulders photo
Cost - The price of a Virtual ISIC card is £12 (+£3 for a plastic card)
Validity - 12 months from the date of issue.
Please note, ISIC / IYTC / ITIC cards are non-refundable.
STA Travel ISIC Prepaid MasterCard® Cashcard
The award winning* STA Travel ISIC Cashcard for students is the perfect combination of the ISIC Global identity and discount card and a prepaid currency cashcard. Manage your currency safely and easily on your adventures, and spend wherever you see the MasterCard Acceptance Mark. Benefit from 1000s of student discounts worldwide and earn up to 11% cashback as well, this card is a real money maker!
Discounts and benefits
Our combined student discount and prepaid currency card is perfect for saving you money, managing your money, and even making you money! Load cash onto your card and use it just like a debit or credit card, whilst benefiting from competitive exchange rates, free transactions and free top ups. The card costs £12 and can be purchased at STA Travel, online or in store.
- Earn up to 11% Cashback at UK retailers
- Earn 5% cashback with STA Travel on the road
- Earn 5% loyalty cashback with STA Travel when you book another trip with us
- Manage your money easily and safely when abroad
- Free UK and overseas transactions
- Spend wherever you see the MasterCard Acceptance Mark
- Use as a globally recognised student I.D
- Get cheap flights and special cardholder offers with STA Travel
- Enjoy over 42,000 student discounts worldwide
- Parents or friends can top-up your card if you run out of money
Who can get an STA ISIC Cashcard
Full-time students at aged 18 or over can apply for the card. There’s no credit application required but a basic security check on your address will be performed.
Where can I get an STA ISIC Cashcard
For more information or to buy your card please visit the STA Travel website.
* Winner of ‘Best New Prepaid Product of The Year’ at The Card & Payment Awards 2014.